In case your physique used to be a rock band, your triceps will be the bass participant. Your legs can be on drums, biceps can be lead guitar, and calves will be the roadie, however that’s all irrelevant. The reality is, few other folks appear to concentrate on the triceps, however they’re arduous at paintings in just about each and every carry and so they’re crucial for nearly each and every function.
Continuously ignored and underappreciated, your triceps could have a dramatic affect on each your body and your efficiency. It doesn’t take a ton of labor to construct larger, more potent tris, nevertheless it does take some sensible coaching. Listed below are the most efficient actions to position this muscular background participant on centerstage.
Best possible Triceps Workout routines
Shut-Grip Bench Press
The vintage flat bench press is a staple in lots of lifters chest exercises. While you carry your grip rather inwards, you’ll be able to shift the emphasis away out of your chest muscle mass and make your triceps the principle mover. (1)
Urgent with a more in-depth grip no longer handiest will increase triceps recruitment and reduces relative chest activation, however it may possibly additionally scale back pressure in your shoulder joints as a result of they’re positioned in a more potent mechanical place with much less stretching. This makes it an efficient bench press selection for lifters coping with joint ache.
Do the Shut-Grip Bench Press
Lie on a flat bench with the barbell in line above your eyes. Snatch the bar the use of a palms-down (pronated) grip together with your palms and wrists at once above your shoulders. Gripping extraordinarily doesn’t considerably have an effect on triceps recruitment and will build up pressure at the wrist and elbow joints.
Plant each ft flat at the flooring. Squeeze your shoulder blades in combination and grip the bar tightly. Press instantly as much as unrack the bar from the give a boost to pins. Decrease the bar whilst conserving your elbows somewhat with regards to your physique, no longer flared out to the perimeters. Within the backside place, the bar will have to be close to your decrease chest. Pause in short sooner than urgent instantly as much as lockout. Stay your glutes touching the bench all the way through all of the repetition.
Advantages of the Shut-Grip Bench Press
- This bench press variation lets in the triceps to be labored with doubtlessly heavy weights, making it very best for constructing triceps power.
- The total joint place of this workout lets in lifters to coach the bench press motion development with decreased shoulder joint rigidity.
EZ-Bar Cranium Crusher
The cranium crusher is a fundamental and efficient workout for setting apart the triceps with restricted activation of the chest or shoulders. The usage of an EZ-bar adjustments your hand place and lets in a semi-supinated, or angled, grip. This makes the workout extra accommodating for lifters with deficient wrist mobility who can’t care for a completely supinated (palms-down) grip, and it is helping to cut back pressure at the wrist and elbow joints.
The EZ-bar cranium crusher is without doubt one of the maximum basic triceps workout routines, requiring just a flat bench and an EZ-bar. This makes it an excellent possibility for lifters with restricted apparatus, similar to coaching in a fundamental house gymnasium.
Do the EZ-Bar Cranium Crusher
Sit down on a flat bench whilst retaining an EZ-bar with a moderate-width, palms-down grip at the angled handles. Lie again whilst “kicking” the bar right into a straight-arm place above your face. Your hands will have to be angled rather towards your head, no longer totally vertical, to maximise muscular pressure.
Position each ft flat at the ground and hectic your abs as you stabilize the load in a locked out place. Bend at your elbows to decrease the load in opposition to your brow. Stay your elbows desk bound whilst decreasing the load. Straighten your hands to fasten the load above your head.
Advantages of the EZ-Bar Cranium Crusher
- The EZ-bar reduces wrist and elbow joint pressure, making it a just right triceps workout for lifters with joint ache.
- You’ll build up the depth of the workout by way of expanding the variability of movement. Decrease the load to the bench on the best of your head as an alternative of forestalling close to your brow. Whilst this will likely require transferring your elbows, the longer vary of movement can build up general muscle activation.
- The EZ-Bar cranium crusher can also be superset with a close-grip bench press the use of an analogous bar for a fast and efficient high-intensity methodology.
This old-school bodybuilding workout has observed a resurgence in reputation in recent times. As soon as regarded as a high-tension triceps-builder, it fell out of fashion for no legitimate reason why. The triceps go through a very long time below pressure the use of handiest unfastened weights, and not using a cable stations vital.
Whilst the workout is regularly carried out with a rather rounded again, the backbone isn’t put below any direct rigidity since the weight is supported in the course of the hands. In case your hamstring mobility wishes development, keeping up the bent-over place could also be uncomfortable and you’ll want to bend at the next perspective or make a selection an alternative workout.
Do the Barbell Kickback
Start status whilst retaining a barbell with a palms-down grip at the back of your again. Bend ahead on the waist and make allowance the bar to slip down the again of your legs. Pull your elbows up close to your ribs. The bar will have to be close to your knees or higher calves, relying in your arm and leg period.
Straighten your hands by way of urgent your palms backwards. Stay your elbows pinned in position throughout the workout. Together with your hands locked out, the bar regularly finally ends up above your tailbone. It’s no longer unusual to really feel your triceps cramping arduous within the locked out place when the muscle pressure is largest. Decrease the load below keep an eye on and steer clear of hitting your self at the back of the knees with the bar.
Advantages of the Barbell Kickback
- The barbell kickback delivers an important muscle-building stimulus with somewhat gentle weight, making it very best for lifters the use of restricted apparatus or those that are not able to raise heavy weights.
- The triceps are put via a very long time below pressure, in particular with an extended height contraction, which creates an important muscle-building stimulus. (2)
- This workout is one in all somewhat few isolation (single-joint) triceps workout routines that may be carried out with a barbell, making it an invaluable addition for lifters with restricted apparatus.
Dumbbell Overhead Extension
Appearing triceps workout routines together with your hands overhead is very important for max triceps expansion because of the original positioning of the triceps heads around the shoulder joints. (3) The dumbbell overhead extension is without doubt one of the most simple workout routines to deal with this kind of workout.
The dumbbell overhead extension can also be carried out status together with your ft in combination, status in a cut up or staggered stance, tall kneeling, half-kneeling, seated with an unsupported again, or seated with a again give a boost to. Every of the ones diversifications will paintings the triceps an analogous. The one distinction is descending ranges of core and decrease again recruitment, so make a selection the stance that most closely fits your physique.
Do the Dumbbell Overhead Extension
Cling one dumbbell with two palms, hanging the pinkies of every hand towards the interior of the highest weight plate. Lengthen the dumbbell at once overhead with instantly hands. Bend your hands to decrease the load at the back of your head. Stay your elbows pointed up as the load strikes, don’t let them sink down in opposition to your shoulders.
Face up to the temptation to nod your head ahead “out of the way in which” of the dumbbell. Decrease the load below keep an eye on to steer clear of contacting your head or neck. When you’re feeling an important stretch at the triceps, go back to the overhead place.
Advantages of the Dumbbell Overhead Extension
- The overhead extension is an effective method to recruit all heads of the triceps muscle.
- Since you’re lifting with each palms, you’ll be able to transfer heavier weight than coaching unilaterally (one arm at a time). This makes it an invaluable workout for constructing power.
- This workout emphasizes the stretched place, which has been proven to strengthen muscle-building. (4)
Whilst the single-arm kickback is extra repeatedly related to “firming”-type exercises, the two-dumbbell kickback combines the targeted muscular pressure of the single-arm kickback with advanced coordination and total-body pressure of a two-arm motion.
The 2-dumbbell kickback additionally lets in lifters to rotate their wrists throughout the motion for a extra herbal vary of movement with much less rigidity at the wrist and elbow joints.
Do the Two-Dumbbell Kickback
Stand upright whilst retaining a dumbbell in every hand. Bend as a ways ahead on the waist as is at ease and rather bend your knees. Pull each elbows for your ribs and bend your hands to a kind of 90-degree perspective. Stay your elbows pinned for your aspects throughout all of the set.
The usage of a somewhat gradual pace to attenuate momentum, straighten your hands by way of riding your pinkies in opposition to the ceiling. Within the locked out place, your hands will have to be in a instantly line pointed towards the wall at the back of you. Experiment with a neutral-grip (arms dealing with your physique), a pronated grip (arms dealing with the wall at the back of you), and a supinated grip (arms dealing with your shoulders) to resolve which feels maximum at ease.
Advantages of the Two-Dumbbell Kickback
- The 2-dumbbell kickback lets in important triceps pressure with somewhat gentle weights, making it very best for lifters with joint ache or restricted apparatus.
- This motion simulates a cable triceps pushdown with out the desire of a cable pulley station.
Impartial-Grip Dumbbell Bench Press
Just like the close-grip bench press is a triceps-dominant model of the vintage motion, the neutral-grip dumbbell bench press is a triceps-dominant variation of the usual flat dumbbell bench press.
The neutral-grip lets in the elbows to stay with regards to the physique, which reduces rigidity at the shoulder joint whilst expanding triceps muscle recruitment. (5) The urgent place additionally lets in the usage of somewhat heavy weights. Many of us will press as a lot or extra weight than with a chest-focused dumbbell bench press grip, making the motion a very good possibility for constructing measurement and power.
Do the Impartial-Grip Dumbbell Bench Press
Sit down on a flat bench whilst retaining a couple of dumbbells resting in your thighs. Lie again whilst kicking the weights right into a straight-arm place locked above your chest. Plant your ft flat and slowly rotate your palms to stand every different.
Stabilize the load and decrease the dumbbells in opposition to the outdoor of your chest. Slide your higher hands alongside your ribs and stay your elbows pointed in opposition to your ft. When your palms are at chest-level, press instantly as much as lockout.
Advantages of the Impartial-Grip Dumbbell Bench Press
- This dumbbell press variation lets in the usage of relatively heavy weights with decreased joint pressure.
- The original hand place makes the neutral-grip dumbbell bench press one of the vital few dumbbell workout routines to securely and successfully educate the triceps with heavy weight.
- The workout is an efficient variation for lifters who can’t carry out the flat dumbbell bench press because of shoulder or elbow joint ache.
Unmarried-Arm Cranium Crusher
This workout is carried out just about similar to the barbell or EZ-bar cranium crusher, with the most obvious exception that it’s carried out the use of one arm at a time. This unilateral center of attention lets in lifters to deal with building discrepancies and muscular imbalances between aspects.
The one-arm cranium crusher additionally lets in lifters to control their wrist with extra freedom by way of rotating throughout the motion, which will alleviate wrist discomfort brought about by way of keeping up a pronated (palm-down) grip on a barbell.
Do the Unmarried-Arm Cranium Crusher
Start mendacity with one dumbbell locked out above your chest. Use your non-working hand to softly dangle the triceps of the operating arm. This will build up the mind-muscle connection and strengthen expansion. (6)
Decrease the dumbbell in opposition to the same-side ear at a gradual and regulated tempo. Stay your elbow aimed on the ceiling and don’t permit it to transport. When your arm has reached its most stretched place, opposite route and lockout your arm.
Advantages of the Unmarried-Arm Cranium Crusher
- This workout lets in extraordinarily targeted coaching at the triceps of every arm.
- The one-arm cranium crusher delivers an important muscle-building stimulus with somewhat gentle weight.
- The unilateral efficiency lets in lifters to deal with commonplace muscle imbalances between hands.
The dip is without doubt one of the most efficient body weight workout routines to coach the triceps as it lets you carry an important quantity of weight while not having a complete gymnasium setup. Whether or not it’s dressed in a weighted vest, a dip belt with random weight plates, or a backpack stuffed with soup cans, the weighted dip lets you emphasize the triceps whilst operating all of the higher physique.
Dips will also be carried out to emphasise the chest as an alternative of the triceps, however quite simple methodology changes can stay the triceps prioritized.
Do the Dip
Cling a collection of dip handles together with your palms rather outdoor shoulder-width. Soar into the highest place and lock your hands out instantly. Stabilize your higher physique and get rid of any lower-body swinging. Bend your hands whilst aiming your elbows on the wall at the back of you.
Care for an upright torso place together with your head and shoulders in keeping with your palms. Decrease your physique at a managed pace till you’re feeling most stretch to your shoulders. Pause in short within the backside place sooner than urgent as much as lockout.
Advantages of the Dip
- The dip is without doubt one of the few body weight workout routines that permits the addition of vital load for long-term development.
- You’ll start a collection with the triceps-emphasizing methodology and, when muscular fatigue units in, trade center of attention to include the chest muscle mass — throughout the descent, lean your higher physique ahead and make allowance your elbows to flare out to the perimeters. It is a high-intensity option to build up general muscle stimulus.
Whilst the usual push-up is regularly the primary body weight workout — and even the primary workout, on the whole — many lifters carry out. Alternatively, the close-grip variation is a good way to emphasise the triceps with none coaching apparatus in any respect.
The close-grip push-up, very similar to the close-grip bench press, shifts the point of interest clear of the chest muscle mass and makes the triceps the fundamental muscle workforce.
Do the Shut-Grip Push-Up
Get started together with your palms planted at the flooring kind of chest-width aside. Straighten your legs and care for a solid line out of your neck for your ft. Decrease all your physique till your chest just about touches your palms.
As you descend, stay your elbows tight for your physique and aimed in opposition to your ft. Pause in short within the backside place sooner than returning to complete lockout.
Advantages of the Shut-Grip Push-Up
- The close-grip push-up has been proven to turn on the triceps considerably greater than usual push-up methodology. (7)
- This workout can also be carried out any place, at any time, with out the desire for any particular apparatus.
Drugs Ball Push-Up
Drugs balls are regularly for throwing or including resistance throughout exercises. With this push-up variation, it’s doing neither. The drugs ball is used as a give a boost to on your palms and encourages a close-grip place.
The drugs ball additionally rather elevates your higher physique, which alters your leverage and decreases the volume of physique weight lifted throughout the workout. This may increasingly sound find it irresistible makes the workout “more uncomplicated,” nevertheless it’s offset by way of the greater problem from the grip-width and instability.
Do the Drugs Ball Push-Up
Position a strong drugs ball at the flooring — the load of the ball doesn’t have an effect on the workout. Position each palms at the ball and give a boost to your physique with instantly hands and instantly legs. Stabilize all your physique and don’t permit the ball to roll or wobble.
Decrease your chest in opposition to the ball, being positive to keep an eye on any instability supplied by way of the ball. When your chest contacts the ball, press up in a managed tempo till your hands are locked.
Advantages of the Drugs Ball Push-Up
- The instability from the medication ball is an effective method to reinforce shoulder stabilizing muscle mass.
- The drugs ball supplies a constant reference level for grip-width, fairly than that specialize in chest-width or closer-than-shoulder-width, making the workout extra simplified and efficient.
- Drugs ball push-ups can also be temporarily superset with drugs ball throws for a power-building exercise.
Tiger Bend Push-Up
In the beginning look, the tiger bend push-up may seem to be some more or less yoga-meets-gymnastics aggregate. In truth, it’s a somewhat complicated push-up variation that emphasizes the triceps by way of requiring an extension-type motion greater than a real push-up.
The tiger bend push-up is regarded as a relatively complicated workout as a result of your triceps are required to transport nearly all of your physique weight with out the help of your shoulders or chest. Alternatively, there are particular regressions to regulate the problem for any lifter.
Do the Tiger Bend Push-Up
Kneel at the flooring with handiest your forearms, elbows, knees, and shins supporting your physique. Position your arms at the flooring. Set your elbows underneath your shoulders and your knees at once below your hips. Carry your physique by way of urgent via your arms. Care for a impartial backbone as you progress.
To make the workout tougher, transfer your knees farther out of your elbows and in the end give a boost to your self off your knees, with a instantly line out of your shoulders for your ft. To make the workout much less difficult, set your knees wider.
Advantages of the Tiger Bend Push-Up
- This workout is without doubt one of the few isolation (single-joint) body weight workout routines to paintings the triceps, which provides to general workout selection.
- It supplies an important problem with out added weight, making it very best for knowledgeable lifters with restricted apparatus.
The triceps pushdown, also known as a pressdown, could also be one of the crucial commonplace workout routines observed in any gymnasium. It’s easy to accomplish, efficient at concentrated on the triceps, and adaptable to learners in addition to essentially the most skilled lifters.
The usage of a rope maintain lets in a impartial (palms-facing) grip which will scale back wrist pressure in comparison to a instantly bar which calls for a palms-down grip. The rope will also be manipulated all the way through the set, by way of bringing the handles aside within the backside place to extend the variability of movement or conserving the handles touching for advanced leverage to accomplish further reps.
Do the Rope Pushdown
Start with a rope maintain connected to a high-cable pulley. Snatch the rope with each palms and produce your elbows subsequent for your ribs. Within the beginning place, your palms will have to be close to chest-level.
With out transferring your elbows, straighten your hands. Pause in short within the locked out place sooner than returning your palms to the highest.
Advantages of the Rope Pushdown
- The pushdown can also be carried out by way of lifters of any enjoy or power point.
- This cable workout gives steady pressure, which will increase the entire time below pressure and improves the muscle-building stimulus.
- The rope pushdown is helping to cut back joint pressure by way of permitting extra at ease joint angles.
The one-arm pushdown combines the targeted advantages of unilateral coaching with the high-tension muscle-building of cable coaching. Via operating every arm in my view, you’re in a position to deal with discrepancies in muscular building and power with out compromising any muscle-building stimulus.
This intense pushdown variation can also be carried out with quite a few handles and grip positions. The usage of a unmarried “D” maintain is maximum commonplace, both with a palm-up or palm-down grip. Experiment with the use of a rope maintain (retaining one or each side of the rope in a single hand) as neatly. The other hand and wrist positions would possibly really feel extra at ease and received’t have an effect on the triceps recruitment considerably.
Do the Unmarried-Arm Pushdown
Connect a maintain to a high-cable pulley. Snatch it with one hand and produce it into the beginning place together with your elbow close to your ribs and your operating hand close to chest-level. Your unfastened hand can brace towards the pulley station clear of the cable.
Straighten your arm and press right down to complete lockout. Don’t permit your elbow to transport and don’t permit your torso to lean sideways in opposition to the operating hand. Pause in short within the backside place sooner than returning to the highest.
Advantages of the Unmarried-Arm Pushdown
- The one-arm pushdown emphasizes every particular person arm with out important core paintings because of the stableness of the cable station, making it very best for lifters with decrease again ache.
- The workout can also be carried out with quite a few grips to house lifters with grip power problems or wrist ache.
- This pressdown variation will also be carried out “crossbody-style” — status sideways to the cable stack, with the non-working facet of the physique closest to the cable, and bringing the operating hand from the other shoulder to the same-side hip. The original perspective adjustments the variability of movement and would possibly scale back shoulder joint pressure.
Unmarried-Arm Status Cable Cranium Crusher
This distinctive workout makes use of a cable pulley to imitate the movement of a single-arm dumbbell cranium crusher. The greater pressure from the cable lets in a robust muscle-building stimulus with somewhat gentle weight and no more general joint pressure.
Whether or not it’s merely for coaching selection or as a high-intensity triceps finisher on the finish of any exercise, this motion zones in at the triceps with most potency and no the help of different muscle teams.
Do the Unmarried-Arm Status Cable Cranium Crusher
Snatch a unmarried maintain connected to a high-cable pulley. Face clear of the load stack and press the load instantly in entrance of you. Use your non-working arm to give a boost to the working-side elbow, which will have to stay desk bound all the way through the set. Slowly bend your arm and produce your hand again in opposition to your face. When you’re feeling a most stretch, slowly prolong your arm to complete lockout.
Advantages of the Unmarried-Arm Status Cable Cranium Crusher
- This workout delivers an important time below pressure, which is really useful for muscle expansion.
- The one-arm status cable cranium crusher lets in the triceps to be educated with minimum pressure at the shoulder and elbow joints.
The Triceps Muscle groups
Figuring out the triceps muscle and its comparable joints will result in a greater working out of ways and why sure workout routines and coaching strategies are efficient.
Right here’s a more in-depth have a look at this crucial arm muscle and the way it works.
The “tri” in triceps refers to 3 separate however comparable heads of the muscle. The medial head and lateral head each connect on the higher arm bone and elbow joint. The lengthy head attaches on the elbow and shoulder blade.
All 3 heads paintings to straighten the arm on the elbow. Alternatively, since the lengthy head runs over and around the shoulder joint, it is usually activated when the higher arm strikes. (8) This is the reason triceps workout routines carried out at quite a few angles — together with your hands overhead and/or perpendicular for your physique — are crucial for general muscle activation and building.
How Continuously Will have to You Educate the Triceps
As a result of all 3 heads of the triceps connect on the elbow joint, over the top coaching quantity or frequency would possibly irritate (or create) joint ache or tendonitis. The triceps are considerably labored throughout nearly all of chest and shoulder workout routines, which must be an element when programming triceps coaching.
Most often, at once coaching the triceps one to 2 days every week with somewhat low quantity according to exercise (5 to ten units cut up up between one to 3 workout routines) can also be enough for constructing measurement and power. The total main points of your coaching program similar to workout selection, coaching depth, and quantity (complete units and reps) shall be components in designing a triceps exercise.
To make your triceps a coaching precedence, scale back the frequency and quantity of urgent to your chest and shoulder exercises. This will likely lend a hand to cut back the entire rigidity at the triceps muscle and comparable joints. Coaching your triceps and biceps in a single exercise is every other extremely efficient manner, particularly when the use of alternating units or supersets, which were proven to strengthen chronic and power whilst lowering general fatigue. (9)
Growth Your Triceps Coaching
Triceps exercises can also be approached and improved like every other physique section. Paintings constantly and progressively build up the learning quantity (extra repetitions) and/or build up the learning load (extra weight). The verdict to extend quantity or load shall be decided by way of your function, in addition to the precise workout routines getting used.
Isolation (single-joint) workout routines just like the two-dumbbell kickback or single-arm pushdown don’t in most cases accommodate very heavy lots as a result of correct methodology turns into unmanageable. A focal point on expanding quantity is in most cases simpler for the ones varieties of workout routines.
Compound (multi-joint) workout routines just like the close-grip bench press and dip do help you safely and successfully paintings as much as heavier lots in the end, so long as you by no means sacrifice shape for the sake of extra weight.
Heat-Up Your Triceps
Warming up the triceps is ready making ready the muscle for the stimulus of the exercise. It’s additionally about making ready the joints, in particular the elbow joints, as a result of they are going to be considerably labored in every workout.
Gentle weight, high-rep isolation workout routines are one efficient method to get ready your elbows for intense triceps coaching. Center of attention on warming up with workout routines which don’t put the hands into an over the top stretch. Because the warm-up progresses and your hands are higher ready, progressively build up the variability of movement and number of workout routines.
As an example, warming up with rope pushdowns for one to 2 units of 20 reps can also be more secure and extra joint-friendly than appearing the dumbbell overhead extension for a similar units and reps.
Don’t Tri Too Exhausting
Triceps coaching shouldn’t crush your exercise program, it will have to supplement it, like a cast bass line in any nice tune. It may well be understated and easy, nevertheless it delivers the products and assists in keeping you on course. When you dial issues up too arduous and hit the tri’s with an excessive amount of paintings, you’ll invite doable harm, compromise the remainder of your plan, and your identify may as neatly be Dust.
- Lockie, Robert & Moreno, Matthew. (2017). The Shut-Grip Bench Press. Power and Conditioning Magazine. 39. 1. 10.1519/SSC.0000000000000307.
- Burd, N. A., Andrews, R. J., West, D. W., Little, J. P., Cochran, A. J., Hector, A. J., Cashaback, J. G., Gibala, M. J., Potvin, J. R., Baker, S. Ok., & Phillips, S. M. (2012). Muscle time below pressure throughout resistance workout stimulates differential muscle protein sub-fractional artificial responses in males. The Magazine of body structure, 590(2), 351–362. https://doi.org/10.1113/jphysiol.2011.221200
- Kholinne, E., Zulkarnain, R. F., Solar, Y. C., Lim, S., Chun, J. M., & Jeon, I. H. (2018). The other function of every head of the triceps brachii muscle in elbow extension. Acta orthopaedica et traumatologica turcica, 52(3), 201–205. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aott.2018.02.005
- Oranchuk, D. J., Storey, A. G., Nelson, A. R., & Cronin, J. B. (2019). Isometric coaching and long-term variations: Results of muscle period, depth, and intent: A scientific overview. Scandinavian magazine of medication & science in sports activities, 29(4), 484–503. https://doi.org/10.1111/sms.13375
- Lehman G. J. (2005). The affect of grip width and forearm pronation/supination on upper-body myoelectric job throughout the flat bench press. Magazine of power and conditioning analysis, 19(3), 587–591. https://doi.org/10.1519/R-15024.1
- Oshita, Kazushige. (2021). Impact of inside center of attention of consideration with touching cue at the agonist muscle job throughout workout. 10.14198/jhse.2021.16.Proc2.04.
- Kim, Y. S., Kim, D. Y., & Ha, M. S. (2016). Impact of the push-up workout at other palmar width on muscle actions. Magazine of bodily remedy science, 28(2), 446–449. https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.28.446
- Tiwana MS, Sinkler MA, Bordoni B. Anatomy, Shoulder and Higher Limb, Triceps Muscle. [Updated 2021 Aug 6]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. To be had from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK536996
- Robbins, Daniel W; Younger, Warren B; Behm, David G; Payne, Warren R Agonist-Antagonist Paired Set Resistance Coaching: A Temporary Assessment, Magazine of Power and Conditioning Analysis: October 2010 – Quantity 24 – Factor 10 – p 2873-2882 doi: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181f00bfc
Featured Symbol: MDV Edwards / Shutterstock