Crisp salty smoky streaky bacon, candy juicy cherry tomatoes, lettuce leaves and chilly chickpea pasta covered in a scrumptious zingy bitter cream dressing, I really like this straightforward BLT Pasta Salad.
Opt for wholewheat pasta, or a lower-carb pasta like chickpea pasta for higher, extra stabilised blood glucose ranges. I fill up on chickpea pasta from Aldi when they’ve it of their Particular Buys!
Do you know, that cooking and cooling pasta alters the resistant starch? This implies cooked and cooled pasta is tolerated somewhat higher than when eaten after being freshly cooked!
BLT Pasta Salad
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon (or unsmoked in case your choose)
- 100 grams chickpea pasta
- 2 handfuls rocket (or lettuce leaves of selection)
- 12 complete cherry tomatoes halved
- 12 items cucumber chopped
- 100 grams bitter cream
- 2 tbsp additional virgin olive oil
- ½ medium lemon, juice best
- 1 heaped teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- a just right pinch salt and floor black pepper
Cook dinner the pasta consistent with the packet directions. As soon as cooked, rinse in chilly water and put aside to empty
Grill the streaky bacon in your liking. It may be completed upfront and eaten chilly or used heat at the salad (whichever you favor)
Upload bitter cream, olive oil, mustard and lemon juice to a bowl and whisk to emulsify. Season to style
Pour the dressing over the cooked cooled pasta and stir to totally coat
Upload the rocket, cucumber and tomatoes to the pasta and toss via
Serve the pasta salad crowned with items of streaky bacon